Saturday 12 March 2011

Polaris Design

Well this is post 2 so I've managed to remain committed to posting on this blog for 2 days now!

Paul is now learning Sharepoint, C# and Epi Server. To be honest, it all goes a bit over my head but I'm sure it will ultimately help us in our quest to become an all-singing, all-dancing multimedia development company. At the moment, we have a couple of projects on the go. Virtual Business Solutions is very near to completion, as is the Yardie Cottage website. We're trying to cool off with the projects at the moment so that Paul can dedicate more time to his Sharepoint Development training.

As the 2IC, I'm trying desperately hard to learn what I can about Joomla. Being a non-computer person, I must say I'm finding it rather complicated and I have absolutely no eye for website design, but I am trying very hard! I'm currently practising using our practice website - The Virtual Pub. Initially, we intended to develop this site but time constraints have banished it to the development dungeon. Maybe I can do something with it when I learn a bit more!

Lastly, we're finding that our server seems to be down a lot recently, I need to contact the hosting company and find out why because as I'm sure all you fellow developers know, as soon as a site goes down, the first person that clients turn to is the website developer (even though you developed their site 2 years ago!).

I'll sign off now, but in the meantime, as always, please visit the site: http://www.polarisdesign.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that you'll be a expert for your blog! I am just commencing a website soon, plus your tips will be very used by me. Many thanks your entire assist as well as wishing everyone your results within your home branded apparel

    ReplyDelete