Saturday 20 August 2011

Letting things slip

So, I've learned the hard way, if you don't maintain hard work and effort, the positive results you saw developing before your very eyes, will inevitably slip. I guess this isn't news to me really, I know that when you let things slip, results suffer. I'd worked so hard with the marketing and SEO for our website. Our MOZ ranking was 6, I was increasing back-links to the site and we were registering in the Top 8% of websites for traffic according to Alexa and had a website grade of 98. I became complacent and everything has gone haywire. I haven't made a blog post for a couple of months, have totally ignored Twitter and have lost an element of interest in chasing back-links to the site. We're now only scoring 86 on Hubspot and our MOZ rank is down to 4.8. I feel really disappointed in myself for not maintaining the work I'd done and I feel as though I've let the site down too.

Marketing/SEO is a boring, thankless task, however without it, an online business will fail to meet it's potential so it is an imperative part of the work that we need to carry out on a daily basis. Time to get back to the drawing board and come up with a rejuvenated plan of action to get the scores back up there again. I'll post the results!

1 comment:

  1. Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.

    ReplyDelete